Sunday 28 August 2016

Travelling to the Federation of Genealogical Societies conference

I'm on my travels again from tomorrow (Monday) as I make my way to the United States to give three talks and a workshop on Scottish subjects at the Federation of Genealogical Societies conference in Springfield, Illinois (see https://www.fgsconference.org). This will be my first trip to the States to speak at a genealogy event, and my first proper visit to the country since October 2001 (bar a four hour stopover last year in Philadelphia!).

The talks I am doing are as follows:

Thurs 1st Sept
The Godly Commonwealth: The Kirk's History and Records

Fri 2nd Sept
Scottish Land Records
Tracing Scottish Ancestors before 1800 (2 hour workshop)

Sat 3rd Sept
Scottish Marriage: Instantly Buckled for Life

I'll hopefully be able to blog whilst there, and I hope to catch up with some familiar faces from Canada, the US, Australia and Ireland. Very much looking forward to it all - it will be interesting to see how the Americans do things genealogically!


Chris

For details on my genealogy guide books, including A Decade of Irish Centenaries: Researching Ireland 1912-1923Discover Scottish Church Records (2nd edition), Discover Irish Land Records and Down and Out in Scotland: Researching Ancestral Crisis, please visit http://britishgenes.blogspot.co.uk/p/my-books.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment