Friday 8 March 2013

Oxfordshire wills added to Origins Network

The Origins Network (www.origins.net) has added a substantial new collections of surviving probate records of the bishop and archdeacon of Oxford, from 1516 to 1857, and from the Oxfordshire Peculiars, (1547-1856) - including images of the original documents. The records have been sourced from Oxfordshire Record Office - a full breakdown of what is contained is available at www.origins.net/help/aboutNWI-oxf.aspx.

Reader Wendy Archer alerted me to the development, and also asks that I mention the following:

Oxfordshire FHS www.ofhs.org.uk has built up a library of will transcripts at http://wills.oxfordshirefhs.org.uk/ donated by volunteer transcribers, with currently 4,542 testator names on-line, and almost 54,000 name mentions.

So two great options!

(With thanks to Wendy)

Chris

My new book, Tracing Your Irish Family History on the Internet, is now available from Pen and Sword. For my other genealogy books, please visit  http://britishgenes.blogspot.co.uk/p/my-books.html; whilst for my online Scottish based genealogy courses please visit the Pharos Teaching and Tutoring Ltd site.

No comments:

Post a Comment